Friday, April 8, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #43



This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://mykeepershelf.blogspot.com

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is...

Lesley @ My keeper shelf



Hi there, my name is Lesley from My keeper shelf, I live in Scotland in the UK.

I'm fairly new to the world of blogging although I have always checked out other blogs for what to read next suggestions. It kind of started with joining Goodreads last year to help me keep a track of all the books I had read and to find suggestions for fab new books from like minded paranormal romance and urban fantasy readers. I then progressed into joining a few groups on Goodreads to discuss my favourite authors (Karen Marie Moning, Stacia Kane, Ilona Andrews and Nalini Singh to name but a few.) and was then inspired to start my own blog focusing on the types of books I love the most- paranormal romance and urban fantasy (although I do love a good smexy cowboy book now and then!)

I love reviewing books but I am in no way a professional reviewer providing amazingly insightful critique, I like to keep it simple. I'm a reader first and foremost. I pick up a book because something about it interests me: the story, the authors previous work or the gorgeous cover. I absolutely love to drool over book covers and have realised that I often, ok I admit it always, judge a book by it's cover so I like to include new covers on my blog and well, drool.

I came up with the name my keeper shelf as that's how I categorise books. If I love a book it goes on my keeper shelf. This usually means I have folded down or bookmarked pages at the "good bits" and I will go back time and time again to reread my favourite pages. My blog is simple but fun (hopefully!) I would love it if you would come over and say hi.

Q. Do you judge a book by it's cover?

I hate to admit but yes I have to admit I do judge a book by it's cover.  I have read some great books with some not so great covers and great covers but the book wasn't that great!

6 comments:

Tyraa said...

I do it too! But i think everyone does so its okay :))

Come check out my blog if you have time :)
www.tyrasbookaddiction.blogspot.com/

Aimee said...

The cover draws me in, but the description has to sell me. It can take me a while to try out a book with a cover that I didn't like! I'm already a follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Reviews

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

I agree with you and Aimee. It draws me in but it isn't enough for me to buy the book.

Kay said...

Just hopping by and thanks for FF on Release Notes!

Bex said...

Nice blog! I'm following you. :)

I also judge by cover. But only by first glance, then it's all based on the storyline.

I do agree with you that there're great books with ugly covers and bad books with nice covers.

My FF can be found here!

Book of Secrets said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me today. I'm a sucker for a pretty book cover, but I have to love the blurb too. Have a great weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails