Friday, July 13, 2012

Follow My Blog Friday #106


If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - Vivian at Vivaciously, Vivian and A Great Read.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...

  

When did you start blogging?

I started my first blog on WordPress in 2008, back when I was a pretty clueless 8th grader, haha! My book blog was officially created on February 10th, 2012. I’m still quite a baby, so feel free to throw criticism in my way!

What is your favourite part of book blogging?


The connection between fellow bloggers, definitely. It’s said so often because it’s absolutely true! Especially since I don’t have many friends in the real world who are huge fans of books, book blogging has led me to meet so many wonderful individuals. Reading the posts of fellow bloggers as well as their comments on my posts fill me with a special sort of happiness. Sorry if that sounds a bit mushy -blush- but I really mean it. I’ve joined many online worlds, but this is the first virtual world that I’ve joined that offers such a strong feeling of support, spirit, and love. It’s really amazing!

What is your favourite book(s)?


To choose absolute favourites, wow. “Anne of Green Gables” (as well as all the follow up books on Anne) by Lucy M. Montgomery will always take up a big chunk of my book-lover’s heart! In modern-day times, I love anything written by Shannon Hale, but particularly “River Secrets”! Of course, countless more books have stolen my heart, but to be honest, these two have always shone a tad bit brighter for me!

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


The voice of my starving love for books is finally being heard by others but also myself. As I’ve also mentioned in my answer to the featured question, there was a gap of a few years that I just felt so detached from books, I was so ashamed of myself for it. After starting book blogging, there has not been a day that I’ve spent time reading, or even writing a review. I’m so grateful that I’ve opened up again to all books. That’s, of course, not just from blogging by myself, but also from all of you other bloggers for inspiring me to, so thank you!

A GREAT Read






1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in January 2009, as you may know the story. Rachel Vincent was having a contest for her next book release of Prey and I wanted that early copy! So I had to post a review in as many places as possible, and so I went to Blogger.com and decided to create a blog! I went with the title a GREAT read--spelled like that purposely because Pride really was a GREAT read! My blogging career then started taking a slow start--I didn't win the contest, but kept the blog anyway. So I started posting and following other blogs and picked up a million tips along the way and made some GREAT friends!

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?


I definitely like the reading! I love reading and always have, so I really like having this place where I can gush about the books I read to other avid readers! None of my friends were ever really big paranormal readers--I was ahead of my time since paranormal wasn't big when I was in high school. So I love being able to talk about paranormal books with other paranormal readers!

3. What is your favorite book(s)?

Oh man, seriously?! That is like a dreaded question! I have wayyyy too many favorites! I seriously have an incredibly hard time narrowing it down! I love authors such as Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison, Jeaniene Frost, Jenna Black, Shannon Delany, Rachel Vincent...the list goes on and ON! You can check that out on my sidebar! And new authors are always being added to! Although the book that started my paranormal obsession was Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I read it when I was 13 and just loved it! It was about a girl named Jessica! Who was a writer! Who wrote vampire novels! Basically the story of my life! Ha! But no, I did enjoy those little factors, but the story was just really good too and I was amazed to learn that the author had written her first book at 13 or that was when it was published...

4. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Definitely has to be all the other bloggers I've met! Seriously! I am so glad to finally have other people to talk to and gush over paranormal books! One of my friends is getting into them finally, but it's still a work in progress! I love having my blogging buddies around to get recommendations from and to give them! And getting the occasional ARC is a nice perk too!)

Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

I've always loved reading and I wanted to find people who had the same tastes as me so I started reading blogs.  Then I decided why don't I start one myself and I have never looked back.  I'm really glad because I have found some great bloggers, authors and publishers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails