Friday, June 1, 2012

Follow My Blog Friday #101


If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - Books of Love and Sinnful Books.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...


Books of Love


BOL Feature & Follow #99


When did you start blogging?

Actually, I started in 2010, but didn’t really start getting serious till March 2011. I was doing some guest posting originally on other blogs. I liked it so much that I decided to start one.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Discovering new books that I love and worlds to explore. I also like the sense of community that I’ve found. Plus I get to discuss books with others the books I love or hated.

What is your favorite book(s)?

Favorite book is hard. I would have to say Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorites. That book made me cry, laugh. It explored so many emotions. I also think that I love Immortals After Dark series is another one, love the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. I also love the Firelight Series by Sophie Jordan  so it depends on my mood you could say ….

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

I would have to say making new friends has been one of the best things that has happened to me. Plus I have a sense of community that I didn’t have before I started book blogging. Not to mention discovering some great and funny talented people I’ve met. Plus not to mention learned how to be more open to literature from genres that I would have never read otherwise.


Sinnful Books



1. When did you start blogging?

I have been blogging on and off since the end of 1999. My first home was on LiveJounral. However, after graduating with my B.A., I decided to give book blogging a try. For a few years, I had posted reviews on the 50bookchallenge community on LiveJournal. It was something that I really enjoyed doing, so it was a fairly easy transition.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Honestly, the wonderful book blogging community is my favorite part. I have met some wonderful people out there, and they have all helped me move forward. Plus, finding new books is always a plus ^_~

3. What is your favorite book(s)?

Oh sheesh, that is a long answer! Where do I start? The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn; Njal's Saga; Sir Gawain and the Green Knight\; The Last Herald-Mage series by Mercedes Lackey; The Followship of the Ring (including The Hobbit) and Tree and Leaf by J.R.R. Tolkien; Hack/Slash; the Sandmand series, the Graveyard Book, and Coraline by Neil Gaiman; Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill; The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle; The Belgariad and Melorian by David Eddings; Rose Daughter and Spindle's End by Robin McKinley; Historian by Elizabeth Kostova; The Devouring by Simon Holt; etc.

4. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

The best thing would be contact with two of my favorite zombie authros: S.G. Browne and Rhiannon Frater. They are awesome people, and it was a blessing for them to write guest posts for my blog.

Q: You are a matchmaker -- your goal, hook up two characters from two of your favorite books. Who would it be? How do you think it would go?

I would love to hook up Maris from "Born from Silence" by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Saxon from The Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  Maris just wants to be loved and adored and you can see how Saxon treats Blay like a king so I think this would be a great relationship.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't read the books, I'm reading the black dagger brotherhood but I haven't read that book. I'm a new follower, have a great weekend

Unknown said...

I haven't read either of those books, sadly :(

Here's my Follow Friday

Sinfully Delicious Book Reviews said...

New follower via GFC. *waves hi*

Sounds like a great match though I haven't read that SK book. I adore her DH series.

My match

Bengal Reads said...

Great choices!!! New follower via GFC!

Kayla @ Bengal Reads (YA Blog) & Reading On The Wild Side (Adult Blog)

"Click Here" To view my #FF post for Bengal Reads

"Click Here" To view my #FF post for Reading On The Wild Side

Lauren B said...

I've kind of given up on the BDB series. It's just not for me. But I love Kenyon's books.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Poor Saxon. He treats Blay so well knowing he's in love with someone else. I hope he ends up with a HEA.
New GFC follower

My Feature & Follow

Anonymous said...

The BDB!! WOOT! I'd go for any pairing with those guys. :D

New Follower! you can visit my FF here: http://bit.ly/LQeTuZ

Related Posts with Thumbnails