Friday, February 18, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #36



This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://dreamingaboutotherworlds.blogspot.com/

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is...

Aaron (Book Addict) of Dreaming About Other Worlds
 
 
 
"Hello. You can call me Aaron or you can call me Book Addict. Either one works just as well. Book Addict is probably the best description for me though. The primary thing that someone should know about me is that I love books in general, but I really love science fiction and fantasy. I have been inhaling massive amounts of both for decades now. I remember reading The Hobbit during an overnight reading binge when I was ten. I read The Lord of the Rings over the next three days. I cut my reading teeth on Heinlein, and Asimov, and Cherryh, and Norton, and, well pretty much any other author whose books appeared in the science fiction or fantasy section of the library. My family moved around a lot when I was young (my father was in the foreign service), and the first thing I would do when I got to a new school was check out the library and see if they had any Andre Norton books I hadn't read yet. I am constantly grabbing science fiction books that look interesting only to figure out once I begin them that I already read them when I was fourteen. My blog is heavily slanted towards science fiction and fantasy, but basically I write about just about anything I read as well as some of the things I watch.

I started my blog in 2008. Well, not really. I actually did start it then, but for the first two years I didn't do much of anything with it, and posts were few and far between. If you have no direction for your blog, it is easy to just let it slide. It wasn't until September 2010 that I decided to get serious about it. I mostly blog about science fiction and fantasy, and often times I focus on older science fiction and fantasy. The impetus behind seriously getting into book blogging was an article I read in which a journalist was going to read and review all the Hugo Award winning novels starting with The Demolished Man. But there was never any follow up to the initial review. It seems that his enthusiasm waned upon getting to the second Hugo Award winning novel (and since that book just isn't very good, I can see why). So I looked around and didn't find anyone had really done that, at least so far as I was able to tell. And that idea gave birth to what I call my Hugo project to actually read and review all of the Hugo award winning novels, and that my blog direction and purpose. And now I'm addicted to reviewing projects: the Hugo winners, the International Fantasy winners, Farscape, and I keep coming up with more ideas. I'm getting ready to start up Babylon 5 reviews, reflecting my love of the show and allowing me to opine upon the vast store of books and printed material that has been released that are related to it, and draw connections between the show and the older science fiction books that clearly seem to have inspired it. In short, I blog about the books that I love, and I hope anyone who stops by is able to get some enjoyment out of it too."

SORRY!!!!

If you are a fan of Science Fiction what is your favorite book? If you haven't read Science Fiction before...any inkling to? Anything catch your eye?



Science Fiction isn't a genre that I usually read and no I have no interest in reading any!

4 comments:

BLHmistress said...

Hi hopping thru to wish you a happy weekend.

My FF and Blog Hops

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm not a big sci fi person either :-)
My Hop

Ronda Tutt said...

Congratulations! Queentutt's World of Escapism has chosen your blog to pass the Seven Facts Award to.

Queentutt's World of Escapism
http://wwwqueentuttsworldofescapism.blogspot.com/2011/02/seven-facts-award.html

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Thanks everyone for hopping by and I'm slowly returning the favor!

Related Posts with Thumbnails