Friday, February 11, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #35



This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - http://www.rubysreads.com

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is...

Ruby of Ruby Reads



I’ve been an obsessive reader since I was quite small. I still remember furtively pouring over the early readers from my childhood, when I was supposed to be doing addition with exchanging. My tastes have progressed since then, though I went through all the usual reading stages for a girl of my generation (the Sweet Valley books, Nancy Drew, the Babysitter’s Club). One thing has remained constant: I like my books with a touch of romance in them. It can be as subtle as a hint that two characters in a children’s book will grow up and marry, but it has to be there. “Anything with a smidge of romance” is my reading philosophy, but of late, I’m focused on Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance and Teen/YA fiction. Though, I’ve been hankering after some good ole’ Romantic Suspense since reading Pamela Clare’s Naked Edge. But, seriously, if I tripped over a book that was lying in the street, I’d probably remain on the ground, reading it, if it so much as hinted at a romance. I’ll wander off any path if doing so leads me to a book.


I started Ruby’s Reads last year, mainly from a desire to be part of the book blogosphere. I’d been lurking for quite a while and thought I might as well have a go at participating. It’s been fun, frustrating and exhilarating all at once. My biggest challenge so far was making the jump from Wordpress to Blogger. You’ll be glad to know that my hair has begun to grow back from that experience. When I’m not reading or blogging, I’m usually doing one of three things: teaching (my day job), cooking (one of my recurring fantasies is owning a cupcake shop called Rubycakes), or chatting with a friend at a coffee shop (off the beaten track coffee shops are another obsession). I also have a darling, six-month old niece who is the current love of my life. Someday, I hope to be able to say that about a grown man. But, given the nature of my reading philosophy, I bet you’d already guessed that.

I want to thank Rachel at Parajunkee’s View for featuring my blog this week! I was thrilled to be chosen. I hope you’ll all stop by my blog. Hopefully, you’ll see something that interests you enough to come back again. Yes, that was a hint.

What is your favorite romance hero-type? Stereotype wise. Do you like the strong silent type or the brute macho man?

I like the strong silent type when I'm reading paranormal romance (ex: Zarek and Zsadist) and the brute macho man (ex: Steve Morgan) when I read those bodice-ripper romances.

3 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

Just stopping by for the Friday Follow! Sorry I am so late!! I hope you have had a good weekend so far. I have a award for you if you would like to check it outHere

Happy Reading!

Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews said...

Hi LOR,

No problemo about stopping in late for the FF!

Wow thanks so much for the great award, greatly appreciated!

Have a great weekend too and happy reading!

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

Hi!! Hopping by to say hello! I'm a new follower! I love both Z characters in those series also!

Hope you get a chance to come by Gone with the Words!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails