Friday, April 6, 2012

Follow My Blog Friday #93


If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - The Romanceaholic and The Talking Teacup.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...


The Romanceaholic

romanceaholic Feature & Follow #91


My name is Jess, and I’m a happily married 30 year old mother of two lovely young boys.

I’ve always enjoyed reading. When I was a child, my parents would threaten to take away my television privileges if I was being naughty. I didn’t care! Then they’d take away things like dessert, or some of my favorite toys. That’s was fine too. But then, one day, the wised up and realized that if they REALLY wanted me to behave, all they had to do was take away my library privileges! The shock! The horror! *shakes head sadly* It was terrible to live through I tell you. So now, many years later, here I sit, happily paging through my romance novels on my beloved Kindle, and occasionally smirking at the realization that my Mommy no longer has control over my library card.

I’m addicted to romance novels, as my blog’s title would suggest, and I actually began doing book reviews on Goodreads long before I got my own blog. I decided to actually bite the bullet and get a blog when I realized two things: First, my Goodreads shelves were so badly organized that even I couldn’t find what I was looking for, and secondly, because I was shamelessly trying to convince publishers to send me free books to help support my habit. Right now I’m on a Romantic Suspense kick, but I like to read everything from Paranormal/Urban Fantasy to Historical to Romantic Suspense to BDSM to Category Romances. Basically, if it’s romance, I like to read it!
 
 
 
The Talking Teacup

I am a 20-something year old Uni student who loves to fill any possible spare moment with books. With my job, I am constantly creating reading lists, suggesting books to people and encouraging people to read or try new books. This is what first got me thinking that I would love to start blogging. It has been amazing meeting great new people and just having a creative outlet. I just love the idea of talking about books and sharing my thoughts.

I love reading romance and young adult but I also have a passion for children's picture books. I think they are just so beautifully written and the illustrations are always so captivating. I am usually reading two or three different books at once.

Q: Have you ever bought a book BECAUSE of a bad review?
 
No I can't say I ever bought a book because of a bad review but it made me more aware of why people didn't enjoy reading it.

5 comments:

Lauren B said...

I too have never bought a book because of a bad review. Everyone has different tastes.

Here's my Follow Friday. Stop by if you get a chance.

Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books said...

I tend to become curious about negative reviews so I might end up getting the book :D

New follower. Have a fab weekend!
My #FF

Patricia said...

Old follower hopping through! I'm too amazed about the fact that it's raining eggs to say anything LOL

I sort of agree. Negative reviews make me more aware of books, too. I often even read books because they got many negative reviews, though. Simply want to know what the fuss is all about. *g

Patricia // My FF

Rachel Cotterill said...

New follower from Feature & Follow, pleased to meet you! It's my first week signed up, I'd love it if you came by to visit :) Link to my FF post.

Anonymous said...

New follower from the FF :) Great blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails