Friday, November 2, 2012

Follow My Blog Friday #122


If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - Fiction Predictions and Love Literature, Art and Reason.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...

Fiction Predictions

When did you start blogging?

Fairly recently, actually. To be more exact, September 22nd, 2012!

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Tough question – there are just so many things I love about book blogging! But my favorite part is knowing that somebody is listening to my opinions, and that I’m helping great books reach new readers
they deserve.

What is your favorite book(s)?

This is going to take a while … Just off the top of my head, they are:

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, a fantasy series that I feel need much more recognition.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, my first YA novel.

The Curious Incident of the Dog at the Night-time by Mark Haddon.

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
(et cetera, et cetera…)

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

The best thing that has happened to me since I started book blogging is being able to connect with other readers and bloggers around the world and share my love (and obsession) with books. It’s definitely a
welcomed change from ranting and swooning over a book alone! Not to mention that all the people I met have been nothing but warm and welcoming, so book blogging itself is a great experience for me


Love, Literature, Art & Reason





Love Literature Art and Reason


1. When did you start blogging?

I started book blogging January of 2012. I had a blog before that, but I really wasn't doing much of anything with it. I had no idea there was such a thing as book blogging until I started to look into sharing my book reviews on my blog!

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Being able to discover and share books and bookish thoughts with other people. I'm lucky enough to have friends that love to read, but now I'm part of a community of readers and I really enjoy it.

3. What is your favorite book(s)?

My tastes are all over the place and my favorites change frequently. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury are some old favorites and my new current favorite is The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

4. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Besides the initial awesomeness of finding out there was such a thing, I would say having friends wait for me to review a book before buying it. It makes me feel good that my opinion matters a lot to them and they trust my reviews. But book blogging has opened me up to a community of readers and authors and enriched my own reading so much, it's hard to pick the absolutely best thing that has happened to me because of it.

Q: What is a deal breaker for you in a book? For example, do you abhor love triangles? Or can't deal with bad editing?

The only deal breaker for me is when the heroine is so helpless and needs the hero to save her.  All she does is scream and when the hero tells her to do something she stays rooted on the spot.

There are other aspects I don't really like so as instant love, fooling around when people are after you, bad grammar, spelling mistakes, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bad editing is definitely a deal breaker. I've run across books that everyone is raving about and yet I can't get past the first chapter because the editing is so bad.

Old follow via GFC.
NEW follow via Linky!

Julie~ New Adult Addiction

Related Posts with Thumbnails