Friday, November 25, 2011

Follow My Blog Friday #75



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES > Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - The Book Addict and Books and Beyond.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature is ... 

Shanan @ The Book Addict



My name is Shanan. I am the blogger behind The Book Addict. Some my earliest memories of spending time with my grandma were trips to our local library to get stacks of books. Since then, I have been hooked. I love when a story sweeps me away, takes me to a new place, allows me to explore a new idea. I love to read just about anything – fiction, non-fiction, classics, young adult. Some of my favorites are Pride and Prejudice, the Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder, and The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima.

I have a two-year old daughter who keeps me on my toes, but she has also taught me to enjoy the little things in life, to be silly, to dance to the music I hear, and the importance of always knowing where the nearest park is located. I strive everyday to spark a love of reading for her, too. So every night, I get to fall in love with Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, and A.A. Milne all over again.

Books and Beyond







Books & Beyond

I have always LOVED books & reading has been my ultimate escape from the world from the time I was a wee kiddy.

Some kids would ask their parents for spare change for candy or ice cream or baseball cards, I asked for my Dad's change to buy used books at the libraries book sales..He actually liked that I had a voracious reading appetite & began leaving piles of change on my dresser every book sale day. He paid for book club memberships, took me to used book stores, bought me piles of books for my birthday, Christmas, etc. I miss him :(

I would read a book and tell all my pals about it or would post about it on facebook & one day I was sent a link to a book review blog & a light bulb went on above my head. I knew I could do that too & have a blast doing it.

I love animals. I got over 20 stray/feral cats in my immediate area spayed & neutered & vaccinated (some found homes, the rest are too feral so they are healthy & feral now). HUGE spay & neuter advocate. Took in (off the street) a 6-8 month old Pitt Bull (named Bella, I had JUST discovered Twilight that winter..lol) Bella is beyond awesome & loves the cats too. She is now a bit over 3 y.o.

I could honestly go on and on but I won't bore you all to tears..lol..I WANT you to want to follow my blog after all ;)

As we speak I am reading a few books: ""The Vampire Relationship Guide:Meeting & Mating-Evelyn LaFont"" (it is absolutely FABULOUS!) & ""
The Gossip Ghouls: Zombies and Lipstick
Ebook By AuthorZ"" (Freebie on Smashwords, def a gem)

Peace, Love & Books

Question: It's Thanksgiving Day in the U.S. so we want to know what you are Thankful for - blogging related of course! Who has helped you out along the way? What books are you thankful for reading? 

Happy Thanksgiving to my US blogger friends!

I'm thankful to my blogger friends who have been a great bunch of people who have welcomed me to the blogger world and helped me when I needed it!


I'm also thankful to my blogger followers because if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be hosting these great giveaways and supporting my blog.

These are the books I'm thankful for reading:

1.  Shades of Twilight - Linda Howard
2.  One Summer - Karen Robards
3.  Sacred Evil - Heather Graham
4.  Sweet Savage Love - Rosemary Rogers
5.  Dance With the Devil - Sherrilyn Kenyon
6.  Lover Awakened - J.R. Ward

9 comments:

MeikkiBeibi said...

Oh, J.R. Ward is amazing!

Follower. Come see my Friday, and see if I mentioned You! And have a Great weekend!

Guen said...

I haven't heard about any of those books, but I might have to check them out!

Happy Friday!
Here's my FF
Guen

Unknown said...

There's so much to be thankful for. The list just goes on and on...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old follower,
April (Books4Juliet)
My Follow Friday

Sarah said...

I loooovr J.R Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon 2 of my all time favourite authors, here's mine
http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/feature-and-follow-friday-6.html

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :) I still need to read a J.R. Ward book. I've heard good things about them.

Book of Secrets said...

Stopping by to say "hello!" Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Diana
Book of Secrets

The Brunette Librarian said...

Sherrilyn Kenyon and J.R. Ward are two of my favorite authors. The way they write...oh my gosh. Wonderful! :)

Have you read Kresley Cole? She's very similar yet different...very good too!

Happy Follow Friday!

http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

Sarah (saz101) said...

Me too! I'm so SO thankful for all the people who have followed, comment on, and supported my blog!

New follower :)

Bellas Shelf said...

Stopping by to say hello. I am a new follower of your blog. Ia m just now getting into Paranormal/Romantic books & you have a great selection on your blog.
Have a gr8 weekend & please stop by if you get a chance :)
Books&Beyond

Related Posts with Thumbnails