Friday, July 19, 2013

18 and Over Book Blogger Hop #74



18 and Over Book Blogger Follow is a weekly feature that begins on Fridays and runs through the weekend hosted by Crystal from Reading Between the Wines

The 18 Over Book Blogger Follow is a Friday blog hop with the objective to find and visit other book blogs that share the same interest as you, namely books geared towards the 18 and over crowd, and make new friends!

How to join in:

You should run a book blog that features and reviews mostly adult reads, some Y.A.’s are okay but 18 and  Over adult reads should be your majority.

Make a separate post for the 18 and Over Book Blogger Follow on your blog.

Copy the html for the button above and place it at the top of your post.

List and answer the ‘Question of the Week.’

Place your name and blog title in the linky below and the url for a direct link to your post

Visit the other blogs on the list. If you like what you see make sure to leave a comment and follow so the blog owner knows you stopped by and can return the favor. Following each blog is not mandatory but I know it is always appreciated, and if someone comments saying they’re a new follower it’s polite to follow back. It’s always nice to spread the 18 and Over Book Blog love!

Contact me (readingbetweenthewines10 at gmail dot com) with any questions!

Question of the Week: Judging a book by it's cover. We've all done it. But have you ever judged a book wrongly based on it's cover? What book have you loved that based on the cover, wouldn't have normally picked up? What book have you read, based on the cover alone, that disappointed you? 

I wouldn't normally pick up this book based on the cover because naked woman in chains doesn't do it for me and it makes me think of an ADULT BOOK! 

I was really pleasantly surprised I really enjoyed this book other than certain parts the story was interesting and my favorite guy was in it (nope it's not Micah or Jean-Claude)


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 






Here's my disappointment based on the cover (Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan):


 


I was so disappointed that this was a DNF book because the cover made me hungry for cupcakes, I like cupcakes and I always enjoy checking out recipes.

The story was lacking something and the it wasn't very funny or engaging.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails