Friday, June 14, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #152



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1.  (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}

2.  (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

3.  Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

4.  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

5.  If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

6.  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”

7.  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love … and the followers

8.  If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


Our Feature is Phantasmic Reads
When did you start blogging?

I’m still a newbie. My first post went up in late-January this year, so I haven’t even been at it six months.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

It’s a common answer, but the people. Definitely my fellow bloggers. All of the bloggers who’ve been at this for a while are helpful, welcoming, and sweet. And I’ve met many wonderful authors that I might never have made contact with. It’s refreshing to realize they are just normal people like us!

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I’m still finding my way, but my plan was to primarily blog about my favorites – paranormal romance, urban fantasy, high fantasy, and some mysteries. Thanks to blogging, I have discovered a few new (to me) authors who write NA and YA, so I’ve had some of those on the blog, too.

What is your favorite book(s)?

Gah! This is one of the hardest questions to answer, because it’s constantly changing. I do have several books that I re-read often, especially when I’m in a reading rut. Those include the Harry Potter series, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, some of the Dresden Files, some Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich, and some of the In Death books by JD Robb.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Besides all the cool people I’ve met? I have to be honest – that’s really the best. I cannot say enough about how amazing this community is!
Our Feature - The Book Stop

1. When did you start blogging?

I started my blog, The Book Stop, not too long ago actually. April 16th this year was the day I decided to just go ahead and start my blog.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Wow, there are so many great things about book blogging! I think my favourite would be the amazing community of bloggers. I have made so many friends since I started blogging. From Goodreads to Twitter, the book blogging community is everywhere! I get so excited when I see that someone has commented on one of my posts, and it really makes me feel great that there is someone that actually enjoyed reading a post of mine! I also love how connected you are with authors. I've had so many great conversations with some of my favourite authors! There are lots of perks of being a book blogger, I love it so much!

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I read a lot of different genres, but most of my reviews are of YA books. I still love adult books though! My favourite genres are contemporary, dystopia, mystery and humour. I try to review every book I read, and I like to go into detail about what I liked and disliked about the book. I just have a wide interest of books!

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

Oh, wow. This is always a hard question, because there are so many books that I've read and loved! Okay, well recently I read a brilliantly written book by Vikki Wakefield, Friday Brown. It had such a unique story line, and I really admire Vikki Wakefield's writing style. So that's definitely one of my favourite books! But I also love the Divergent series, Gone series, Monument 14 and The Cold Eye of Heaven.

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

So many great things have come out of blogging! Well this didn't really happen because of book blogging, but I got to personally meet Michael Grant, author of one of my favourite series 'Gone', when he came to Dublin earlier this year! I had such a great time and got to ask him lots of questions over a glass of coke. I was also so happy when two of my favourite authors, Vikki Wakefield and Emmy Laybourne sent me some book swag just because I spread my love of their books on Twitter! Authors are awesome! But I have experienced so much since I started book blogging!

Q: Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem. 


Hmm unfortunately I don't have a favorite poem, sorry!  Poetry isn't really my thing.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails