Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #151



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1.  (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}

2.  (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

3.  Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

4.  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

5.  If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

6.  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”

7.  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love … and the followers

8.  If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Our Feature is Rainy Day Reads

 

Rainy Day Reads

Rainy Day Reads
When did you start blogging?

I started my blog, Rainy Day Reads, in August 2012. I had been reading like a mad woman prior to that, but only really writing smaller reviews. I started to see other book bloggers on Goodreads, and decided it would be a lot of fun to join in.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

The answer will always be, the people. I am lucky enough to have good friends at work who love reading, so I do get to talk about a lot of books with them. But, I have got to know so many more fellow book lovers through my blog. It is amazing to be able to talk about all of the wonderful books we love. I have also found so many awesome books that I would have never found if not for my blog, and fellow bloggers. That is priceless.

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I love all kinds of books, however as of late I am really enjoying contemporary romance. Doesn’t matter if it is Young Adult, New Adult or Adult… I am loving them all. I also have some of my favorite Paranormal books, but those are mostly from series that I’ve already started. I haven’t started a new Paranormal series in a while.

What is your favorite book(s)?

Is this a serious question? How long do you have? Cause I could go on for a long, long time…

I think I will narrow them down by my favorites of 2013 so far. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park, I simply adored this book! But I have also loved This Girl and Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover, Leo and Leo’s Chance by Mia Sheridan, Love Love by Beth Michele, Consequences by Aleatha Romig, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin… honestly I could go on and on. I best stop there.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Again, this is such a tough question! So many completely awesome things have happened since I started my blog. Recently, I started a feature on my blog called Author Spotlight. I sent out about 15 eMails to some of my favorite authors, requesting interviews and they all responded yes. This was a very special moment for me, I sent out so many at once because I didn’t think very many would be able to take the time to answer my questions.

Also, in that same weekend, I was given an early copy of Left Drowning by Jessica Park, and an early copy of Losing Hope my Colleen Hoover. I was flabbergasted. Honestly, that had to be the best weekend since becoming a blogger.

Our Feature - Read. Sleep. Repeat.

1. When did you start blogging?

I actually started blogging November of last year, so I'm still pretty wet behind the ears.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?


I'm going to cheat here and say my TWO favorite things. 1. is all the other bookish people I've met who've become great friends of mine. 2. Is seeing how my reading taste has changed now that my focus has shifted for my reviews.

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

So far I mostly do blog post about YA books but next week I'm going to start my "Reading After Dark" post which will feature a few PNR, Romance, NA....the steamy stuff!

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

Today my favorite books are:

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Frost Burned by Jeaniene Frost

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


The best thing by a landslide are my friends! I've finally met people who understand my bookish gargen and who (instead of saying SHUT UP!) gush and rant with me! But they aren't just bookish friends, they are the sweetest, funniest, bestest friends I could ask for. And I adore them. (hint hint, Chrys, Meagan, Shannon, Kelly, Nancy, Tamara, and Stephanie!)

Q: Have you broken up with a series? If so which one and why? 


Wow it's been awhile since I have broken up with a series but one is the Kinsey Millhone by Sue Grafton.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails