Friday, February 22, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #136



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - Jelly at Jelly's Insider and Reading ... Dreaming.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...

Our Feature is Jelly of Jelly’s Insider

When did you start blogging?

January 2013. I am a newbie though I have been writing reviews on goodreads for a year now.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Meeting new people. As cliche as that sounds, I love people! Unfortunately, nobody in my life is as much of a book nerd as I am. If I can’t find someone to confess my book obsessions to, I’ll explode. I think the whole book blog community is a great way for authors,publishers, and readers to get together and share their interest.

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

Mostly YA fantasy, paranormal, and dystopian fiction. I also like adult urban fantasy,paranormal romance, and New Adult romances!

What is your favorite book(s)?

Hard question. I really hate choosing favorites.My current favorites are Moira Young’s Dustland series, Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone series, Susan Ee’s Angelfall, and Ann Aguirre’s Razorland series.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

You mean besides being featured? Everything! It’s hard to say because I am still so new. This answer goes back to question two. I have met some lovely people around here that write very entertaining reviews. Everyone I have met so far is very sweet. I am very excited to make new memories with other bloggers. 


Our Feature - Reading...Dreaming






1. When did you start blogging?

I started a year ago. My first post went live on February 16th. I don't remember if I created the blog that day or before :p

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?


I love getting in touch with authors. I never imagine that it would be possible to write directly with authors :) and I love chating with people who share my passion for books.

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I review all kinds of books. Lately I've been reading a lot of YA, new Adult and a lot of paranormal books.

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

My favorite book is THE LITLLE PRINCE (El Principito for Spanish speakers). If you check out my previous F&F I always talk about that book. It's really important for me and I love it.

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


Mmmm... Everything has been great! One of the most amazing moments was the first time I received a paperback copy for review, I almost cry. I live in Uruguay (South America) and imagine receiveing books from US and UK. I don't know any other blogger from here so the whole idea of authors sending copies of their books was a little crazy for me)

Q: We always talk about books that WE want. Let's turn it on its head. What books have you given other people lately?

I'm pretty lucky I have a family member that reads most of the same genres I like (except for erotic, historicals or shonen-ai and yaoi).

I gave some James Patterson books to my grandma and I just gave "Suspect" by Robert Crais and "The Seventh Victim" by Mary Burton to my mom.  I gave some manga to my teenage cousin (the ones only appropriate for her age) and I gave some Kelley Armstrong books to another cousin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have some James Patterson e-books, but I'm yet to read them. I haven't heard of Suspect or The Seventh Victim. I'm curious about the title, 'The Seventh Victim' I'll definitely check it out on Goodreads.

New GFC Follower
My FF @ The Creative Forum
Happy Reading :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails