Friday, February 1, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #134



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host {Parajunkee.com} {Alisoncanread.com}and any one else you want to follow on the list.

2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - Take Me Away and Consuming Worlds.

3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.

4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments

5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can

6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love ... and the followers

7. If your new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...

Our Feature is Take Me Away

When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in May of 2011! (Gah didn’t even realize its been almost 2 years!)

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Interacting with the authors…. They’re like celebrities to me! And of course interacting with other book lovers like myself! I love how I’m able to fangirl over a certain book and have someone not think I’m weird for it lol

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

YA! They are my release from the hard adult world!

What is your favorite book(s)?

My favorite books are the Harry Potter series. Yes I know its generic, but its very true. I’ve read the entire series more than 8 times.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

I’ve realized exactly what it is I want to do with my career choice. I always liked reading, but I couldn’t figure out how to become a professional reader lol When I started blogging, I was introduced to the HUGE world of publishing and I realized that it would be cool to be a Public Relations rep for a publishing company. So I decided to go back to school and get a Masters in Publishing. 

Our Feature - Consuming Worlds

1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in July of 2012 after I had to start a blog for my technology class.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

There are so many things to love about book blogging. But I think my favorite is all the incredible people I have met. The bloggers, readers and authors that I have met have just been incredible. They really are like my support group.

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I actually don’t focus on any specific type of book really. But I do prefer mysteries, thrillers, suspense, paranormal, and fantasy. Any mix of the above is awesome, but really I just look for what grabs my attention.

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

Oh my gosh really???? Ummmm, right now I think I would have to say Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter (all of them), The Protector Series by M.R. Merrick and The Psion Series by Jacob Gowans. I’m kind of fanatical about these books….love, love, love them!!

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

The best thing that has happened to me is finding people that share my passion and desire for all things books. For the longest time I have been alone. No one in my house really understands my obsession with reading, so it is great to find those that share my passion. And the amazing thing is that people out there actually read what I write….completely mind blowing! :-)

Q: What is the first thing you would do if you woke up to find yourself in your favorite book? 

Depends on which favorite book I find myself in when I wake up.  If it's paranormal I would check out my surroundings and try to find out where everyone is.

If it's mystery thriller/romantic suspense I try to find a weapon or something I could use just in case you never know who you might meet.

3 comments:

Bookingly Yours said...

i don't want to wake up in any of those horror/murder/thriller books!


new follower, happy friday!

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

finding a weapon would be key in thrillers! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Unknown said...

Yeah! I keep thinking if I wake up in the middle of some dystopia I'd be in a whole lot of trouble. I'd need survival skills!

New follower! Here's my FF!

Related Posts with Thumbnails