Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tracy Fabre Guest Post


From the back cover of Reasons: Delphi Brent, seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident as a teenager, is ready to spend the summer with old family friends when her parents make a distressing confession: the driver of the car that nearly killed her was one of the three sons of the Laughlin family she's about to visit. They urge her to stay home and let the past be, but she resolves to go out West anyway to learn the truth about what happened the night she was struck and one of the Laughlin sons died. However, in reconnecting with the Laughlins, who operate a sprawling ranch in Colorado, Delphi learns a lot not only about brothers and families, but also about the reasons people keep secrets, and what to do with the truth once it's uncovered. She also falls in love with one of the Laughlin brothers, which wasn't part of the plan at all.

I am so excited to have Tracy Fabre here answering some Q/A in a here at Razlover's Book Blog.

Thanks Renee Giroux from Stimulating Conversations for setting up this Q/A.

About Tracy

Vaguely-worded statements about "me"...

I consider myself a resident of the "mid-South", which is defined as everything from Oklahoma to upper Alabama. I've lived in various southern states and feel a pretty strong connection to Alabama, which doesn't claim me but hasn't figured out how to stop me from coming around.

In fact, three of my other (also unpublished) novels are set on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay (a series of mysteries) and I hope you'll see them in print someday.

I really am a "closet writer," but you can find me posting bits of fluff on Gather.com (they can't figure out how to keep me from coming around, either).

Steadily writing for my own entertainment--because I just haven't been able to stop--for the last eight years, I am glad to finally get into print so I can find out whether anyone else has any interest in what I've been doing "in the privacy of my own home" all this time.

To find out more about Reasons or any book written by Tracy please check her website:

http://www.tracyfabre.com/

Please take it away, Tracy!

1. Are your characters based on any real people?

Nope -- I decided a long time ago to avoid at all costs using the characteristics of anyone I know (with one exception, in one of my unpublished novels). I didn't think I could face up to cries of outrage! However, I'll throw in little things for the amusement of those who know me, such as the maiden name of a friend, or using my uncles' names as examples of a teacher's 'bad kids.'

2. Why does Tam act that way toward Delphi?

Oh, to be in love, to think you're a fool, to question yourself as well as whether or not you even have a chance. People behave weirdly when they're crazy about those who they're not entirely sure feel the same way.

3. Why are Bobby and Noreen together?

It's something which becomes clear as the novel unfolds, but they're two people who've lived in a small town for a long time and think marriage will be beneficial to them in ways which may not involve love.

4. If you weren't a writer what would you be?

A lump. But I'd be a high-quality lump.

5. What are some of your favorite authors?

My favorite romance writer is the late (I assume) Jane Donnelly, who wrote marvelous stories about people who actually got to know each other before jumping into bed. I've also loved Donald Westlake's humor/mystery novels, the humorist Lewis Grizzard and also Garrison Keillor. There's more, of course!

6. What are your hobbies?

Nothing exciting, but I do like taking day trips with a semi-insane friend who will drive us all over the place along back roads, dirt roads, and the memory of roads, while I cling to the map and my faint hopes of getting home alive.

7. What's your typical day like?

Putting off going to work, putting it off longer, eventually going to work, doing the best I can despite how much I'd rather not be at work, and then going home to hone my neglected lump skills. (Seriously, I have a "real" job, and the two places I spend the most time are there and here at the PC.)

8. What do you have coming next?

In March, the release of my third novel, Sending Rupert Home, in which Leanne and Noah have to help the charming, irrepressible and late Professor Rupert Arbery "cross over" by completing an undone task he'd set for himself prior to his death.

Tracy will be visiting and answering any questions you might have so please participate, thanks!

Thanks for answering my Q/A on my Blog, Tracy I greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails