Friday, August 16, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #159



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1.  (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}

2.  (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

3.  Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

4.  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

5.  If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

6.  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”

7.  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love … and the followers

8.  If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


Our Feature is Thoughts and Pens

When did you start blogging? I just started blogging this April 2013. So yeah, I am still a noob. 

What is your favorite part of book blogging? The first thing that I really liked about book blogging is snooping around other people’s blogs. And stalking them (that includes you, Rachel) without leaving any comments at all. I am in a way anti-social. But I got bored being on the background so I started leaving comments even if it felt so awkward. I know I’m crazy. But when people started to reply to my comments and started visiting my site and interacted with me like I’m a long time friend, I discovered that the book blogging community is full of wonderful people. And the best thing about it is that I can be my normal nerdy self around this people and just talk endlessly about books for hours without them chastising me. To put it simply, I love snooping around and chat about book-related stuff.

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I am pretty much eclectic when it comes to books. But right now, I am still focused on reading stories belonging to Y/A and Middle Grade age groups under the following genres: · Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Contemporary and Dystopian.

What is your favorite book(s)?

My top 3 would be: Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling, Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi and Robert Langdon Series by Dan Brown

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

Is being featured on FF by Rachel and Alison enough to answer this question?  Err… No? Okay. As I have said in question number 2, I’ve met a lot of wonderful people through book blogging. And it’s sooo uplifting. My IRL friends aren’t that bookish and some of them would even scoff at me whenever they see me reading Y/A or MG. According to them, I should read anything philosophical or spiritual or inspirational to fix my wayward ways. So IRL, I have my own world where I and my Gollum side talk about books. But with book blogging, it’s like breaking free… stepping outside from my shell and hang out with lots of bloggers who understand me completely.

Aside from what I’ve mentioned, discovering Netgalley and Edelweiss is one of the best things that happened to me. It’s a reader’s dream come true and…err~ nightmare as well..

Our Feature - No Bent Spines

1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging about a year and a half ago but it got forgotten in the rush of school. I picked it up and seriously started blogging about 6 months ago.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

I love the people. I've made so many new friends I would have never found other wise

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I do mostly young adult with romance being a must. I've recently started getting into the New Adult book too.

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

I adore the books by Devri Walls but Pushing the Limits and Anna and the French Kiss are amazing books also.

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

I've gotten to talk to authors!! How awesome is that? I've found people like me who can't live without books. This is my world. I love it.

Q: Share something you’ve learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month.

I'm in the process of trying to learn CSS because I would love to learn how to design blog templates. 


Also I found out during the last month how hard it is write a review when you have recently fostered a 11 week old kitten.









2 comments:

Meredith said...

I love learning all the technical things. I get excited over every new things I add to my blog. Yay for fostering the kitty! New bloglovin follower.

Meredith
Meredith’s Musings

Unknown said...

I'm a new blogger so someday I would love to learn the more technical stuff! And congratulations on your new kitty! I'm a new GFC follower!

Kathy
Here's my FF:
http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-follow-1.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails