Friday, April 24, 2015

Follow My Blog Friday #223


If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee Review and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1.  (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}

2.  (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

3.  Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

4.  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

5.  If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

6.  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”.

7.  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love and the followers.

8.  If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The weekly feature


Mountain Rhinestones

1.) When did you start blogging?

I started blogging on January 6, 2015

2.) What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Definitely talking with the other book bloggers that I’ve had the opportunity to have conversations with. I started blogging as a way to talk about the books I read because, at home everyone gives me blank stares when I start talking books. It’s nice to have found a community of people who are interested in the same thing as me and who have some of the same little quirks that I do.

3.) What type of books do you mainly blog about?

Mainly anything YA. I like almost all the sub genres that fall under YA, so if it sounds interesting I’ll read it and post my thoughts about it.

4.) What are your favorite books?

I love just about every book I read but I completely flipped over The Hunger Games Trilogy by: Suzanne Collins and The Lux Series by: Jennifer L. Armentrout and Dare to Dream by: Carys Jones.

5.) What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


Here recently I was contacted by an author and a book marketing agent to do some reviews. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that that would happen or was even a possibility. All I was ever looking for when I started blogging was a way to talk about the things that interested me, and because of that I’ve gained so much. Now, I have people to talk to about books, I’m constantly finding new books to read, and I’ve been presented with amazing opportunities.

unities. 
 
week's question
How did you come up with your blog title and address? Does it have a special meaning for you? – Suggested by The Paperback Princess.

I started out only reviewing on Amazon – and also only really reading Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance – so I thought – I’m a total Paranormal Junkie. I didn’t want to spell it out though. That about sums it up.

Our Feature - Book Yabber

1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in August of 2013

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Definitely the community. I've met such great friends through blog hopping and attending book events.

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I review a couple different genres, but there are two I review more than any others which are YA Sci-FI and YA Contemporary.

4. What are your favorite books?

Hard question to answer because I have so many. The Divergent series by Veronica Roth. Anything by Lauren Oliver. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

I'm going to say BEA (Book Expo America). I got to meet bloggers and so many of my favorite authors. I'm going back this year and can't wait!

Question of the Week: How did you come up with your blog title and address? Does it have a special meaning for you? - Suggested by The Paperback Princess. Well, my blog title and address are pretty boring. My name is Alison and I indeed am capable of reading. My husband made fun of me when he found out what the title of my blog was - as if my ability to read was in doubt.

When I first started the blog, I considered naming it Snowbird Reads - after my dog, Snowbird. I still think that would have been cute, but Alison Can Read is direct and easy.

How about you? 

My blog title and address is in dedication to two of my favorite genres which are Paranormal and Romantic Suspense so I thought why not name my blog that!









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails