Friday, March 29, 2013

Follow My Blog Friday #141



If you are new to the FF fun, Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop that expands your blog following by a joint effort between bloggers. Feature & Follow Friday is now hosted by TWO hosts, myself of course and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it'll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How does this work? First you leave your name here on this post, then you create a post on your own blog that links back to this post (easiest way is to just grab the code under the #FF picture and put it in your post) and then you visit as many blogs as you can and tell them "hi" in their comments (on the post that has the #FF image). You follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. Just make sure to follow back if someone follows you!

Now to make this FF interesting we do a FEATURE blogger. If you are interested in becoming a Feature click on the drop down link above FEATURES and Features and Follow Friday and get on the waiting list!  It is also required, that if you participate you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and the two Feature blogs.

This Meme is hosted by Rachel from Parajunkee's View and Alison from Alison Can Read on Fridays.

To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

1.  (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee and Alison Can Read}

2.  (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers

3.  Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.

4.  Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.

5.  If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed

6.  Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”

7.  If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love … and the followers

8.  If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

The Friday Follow Feature are ...

Our Feature is blogger Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous
When did you start blogging?
I started June 2011.

What is your favorite part of blogging?
Meeting all the new and awesome people to be honest. I would have never in a million years have thought that I would be able to talk with authors. I’m not going to lie, a big perk is getting to read books for free, especially ones that haven’t come out yet but for me it’s awesome to walk through a book store and say “Oh, she’s really sweet.” “He’s hilarious! By far one of the coolest people out there.” and then the occasional “That author’s such a bitch. They’re the one I was telling you about that blew up at that chick over her review.”

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I’m a romance junkie, which is funny since I used to make fun of those Fabio book covers when I was younger. Okay… so maybe I still do. I tend to find romance in all stories, for example, Han Solo & Princess Leia, Peter Parker & Mary Jane and Simba & Nala. So thankfully, I can read a wide variety of books and as long as there is a potential love interest, I’m all in. However, I always give authors of all genres a chance to spread the news about their books on my site. So even though I may review YA, NA, PNR, UF etc… you will still see some other genres pop up. After all, I feel like my “job” is to share books and even though they may not be books that I’d generally read, it doesn’t mean that someone else out there wouldn’t be interested in them.

What is your favorite book(s)?

My favorite series is hands down, Vampire Academy. The ironic part about that though is that I fought my friend when she urged me to read it. I really didn’t want to read yet another vampire book. She persisted, bought the book for my birthday and not even halfway through the book I was ordering the rest of the series online.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
I suppose I could say that it saved my sanity. My husband’s in the Marine Corp, so we move around quite a bit and it’s not easy forging new friendships in a new area every couple of years. So for a while there, I was on the verge of making friends with the mailman just so that I had someone to talk to. Now, between my day job at the National Park where I talk all day to visitors and then coming home and typing up reviews/posts and chatting with everyone online, I’m officially all talked out by the end of the day. And as it turns out, even though I am not inviting the mailman in for tea and cookies, both he and the UPS man know me by name and flag me down if I drive by them when they have packages on their truck for me. I guess I order too much stuff online.




1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging in November of 2011.

2. What is your favorite part of book blogging?

I actually have two favorite parts. Sharing my thoughts with other people who love books as much as I do. & the interaction with Authors that comes from blogging! Oh! & the awesome friends you make in the blogging world. I have met some AMAZING people - bloggers and authors alike! So I guess that's actually 3 things - but oh well :p

3. What type of books do you mainly blog about?


In the beginning I mainly stuck to Romantic Suspense. Nowadays I have grown and blog about Ya, NA, Romance of all kinds, Paranormal -- basically everything except historical fiction. I am not a big fan of this genre. I love being as open with it as I am now. I have read things in the past year that I normally never would have picked up.

4. What is your favorite book(s)?

My favorite book of all time is Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It is one of her "adult books" and I loved every single part of it. If you haven't read this book, I very much urge you to do so!

5. What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?

The best thing that has happened to me is meeting the author/bloggers that I have met and getting to be a part of the conventions and other events that I was a part of. This world is def one of a kind and it's something else entirely to be a part of it! The opportunities you get from being a blogger, the connections you make and the bonds you form are completely one of a kind and I wouldn't trade any of it for anything!

Q: Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react? 

One of the most emotional scene I have read is when Qhuinn is right outside Saxton's room in the mansion and he hears noises coming from there and he realizes what he is hearing.  My heart was breaking just like his was.  This is from "Lover Mine".

Another was when we find out what happened to Zsadist when he was captured by that psycho women in Lover Awakened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great answer!

old follower!
http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails